Women Entrepreneurs 2.0

Monday, February 9, 2015

#HERstory2.0: Changing the world, one squad at a time... -Regan Janell


I’ve always had a big mouth, athletic build (my arms were more cut than my brothers at the age of 6) and a joyous spirit (my soul has spirit fingers).  Cheerleading is life. Not just being out there in front of your school at a game, a spectators at competition or a crowd at a community service event, but it’s always been the art, the technique, the passion, drive and unity of individuals into a team and team into a family.

Jojo (Coach Estrada) and I came up with the concept over 5 years ago. She was my coach who was more of a mentor to me. I adored her hard work ethic, and more of how she pushed all of us on our squad because she believed so much in us.

After graduation, she asked me what I wanted to do, by this time I was more like little sis and she was the big sis making sure little sis was going to have it together. In the midst of that summer, we talked about the cheer camps we put on at WSSU and I told her, I didn't care if I had to put on a camp in the back area of my apartment complex, I was determined to have a cheerleading camp!

Thank God I told JoJo, because I don’t think the apartment complex would've enjoyed over 50 girls ages 4-18 all gathered doing obnoxiously loud cheers, dance routines, jumps, stunts and tumbling.
Since that year, Coach Estrada and myself have successfully conducted over 4 strong summers of cheerleading camps offered to inner city youth and aspiring and progressive athletes, gained multiple clients on the east coast from Virginia to Georgia doing private cheerleading camps specialize in the true essence of technical cheerleading with a twist of Non Traditional cheerleading moves within the Stomp and Shake tradition. Not only do we conduct cheerleading camps, private and open, Team Camps, CIAA Community Service events but we also have recently introduced ourselves to the Competitive world by hosting Annual Cheerleading competitions  in Charlotte, NC!

We are now officially 501 (c) 3 , operating with a board of true shakers and movers within the Charlotte community! *Two Snaps for the Board*

I can honestly say, YAAAAASSS we did that, and we’re still DOING!

Having a business partner is a gift from God and I thank him for the relationship that we've built personally as my sister and as business women. We do this! And we do it VERY WELL!



Follow us on twitter and IG @ufit365 and like our page on Facebook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment