Women Entrepreneurs 2.0

Monday, March 9, 2015

#HERstory2.0: Just Do It! -Joevanne Estrada

Honestly, I never in a million years thought I would even co-own a company let alone LIVE DOING WHAT I LOVE!!! My passion is twofold, I love higher education & sports! First and foremost I have the blessing of saying I am in my 10th year of my career in higher education as administrator and would not change it for the world because this line of work introduced me to the world of being a coach!  Higher education and sports has completely changed my life and these two ingredients combined have been responsible for so many of the successes we live to see today. 
During my time as a Coach I utilized my time during the summer to create cheerleading camps for my teams to fundraise, but most importantly to change lives! This idea then filtered into a bigger thing of its own when I formed a very close relationship with my teams captain Regan J. Hales, co-founder of UFIT.  Regan was an awesome athlete (and still is) she loved what we did when we would do cheer camps for the youth! She had a knack for planning and being my assistant in the summer :) Once Regan graduated we had this conversation about how great it would be if we did camps all of the time! It was like an epiphany!!! We talked about it and figured we can do it! We were so successful in what we did for every young girl we trained. We also saw the need for these young athletes to be exposed to TRUE CHEERLEADING & DANCE TRAINING because it rarely exists! 

Moving forward we were on top of it and created UFIT!!!! It was just an amazing feeling when we began to write the mission and vision for our business. To see that clients were quickly booking our services was just awesome. As the business operation manager I saw an increase in our clientele and events within the first year and a half. The support we have gotten from our main sponsors has been tremendous. I will never forget the first year we outsourced to Charlotte, N.C. It was our first time doing a youth camp for kids. Two weeks before we had maybe ten people signed up. Regan and I declared we will have this camp NO MATTER WHAT even if it’s under a tree branch. That is how driven we were about our passion and what we do! Luckily, we ended up with forty-five kids and it was absolutely amazing. 

Being an entrepreneur takes GUTS!!! You have to JUST DO IT (Like Nike says) and take the RISK as long as you know you are going to stick by what you do! I cannot ask for a better business partner and support around me. UFIT has faced a lot of trials, but through it all REGAN AND I have always found a solution to the problem. As business owners we survey the issues and risks, but focus on how we can be successful. There is never a dull moment in our office (lol our office's being talking to one another in our cars as we commute to work every day!!!). 

This is honestly a dream come true and I get the chance to not only train future cheerleaders and dancers, but encourage them to gain some type of exposure to post-secondary education and I am even willing to be that person they can talk to if jumping into a career is something they want to do! Cheer & Dance allows young people to develop interpersonal skills, they learn to work with others, and gain leadership skills all while cheering and dancing! Our UFIT athletes learn discipline, self-respect, and how to take care of their mind, body, and spirit. To know that I can assist in making a young person’s life better shows me that my purpose in life is being fulfilled each and every day!  Anyone who works with UFIT will ALWAYS REMEMBER US!!! 


Cheerfully yours, 


Joevanne Estrada 


No comments:

Post a Comment